Saturday, January 22, 2011

window light portrait assignment: what I liked and didn't like, or: photographing Peter!

Let's start with the more negative of the two questions: what I didn't like. I can't come up with anything. Seriously. Photographing Peter was such a treat. I could write a whole blog post about that fact, but I won't.

From an entry from my main blog (you're going to love this, Karen ;-) ):

After class I worked on my first photos for Peter's assignment (I still have a tiny bit of gouache--from the set I bought at the beginning of FVA year--around my fingernails), as well as Karen's assignment. I originally planned to get a student to pose for me, but just as I was about to ask, Peter noticed me. And here's the thing about Peter: he's one of those people who can always tell when something's up. So he asked me if I had a question. I told him that I was looking for someone to pose for Karen's window-light assignment--and he volunteered! I couldn't believe it. But there were some perks: since he's one of my teachers, he offered a few tips--we even went through the manual, which I have on my flash drive, when neither of us could find a live view magnifier on my camera--no luck (I googled it this afternoon [January eighth]: nothing).

No comments:

Post a Comment